Sunday, October 23, 2016

FAMILY FUN
I recently had the extreme pleasure of guiding two of my sisters and a brother-in law in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite has become one of the parks in which I most frequently guide. Being able to share my knowledge and experience with my family is always a satisfying treat.

This trip allowed us to be a little more adventurous than when I typically guide here. We spent four days in the back country and barely saw a soul. It was a wonderful opportunity for me as a guide, and seeing the three of them decompress more and more each day was very gratifying.



From left to right: Jessica, Mike and Cecelia. Love to be with my family in such a beautiful setting.







We backpacked and camped in the Hetch Hetchy Valley, which is located in the Northwestern part of Yosemite. Indigenous people like the Miwok and the Paiute have lived in the area for over 6,000 years. It is a great place to go in the summer to escape the heat of the lowlands. We found it the perfect backdrop for hikes, relaxation, and reconnecting!



John Muir called this valley,  "a grand landscape garden, one of Nature's rarest and most precious mountain temples." We couldn't have agreed more.













Mike enjoying the simple things in life! Everything tastes better surrounded by nature.


Sharing a favorite overlook with my lovely sister Jessica. Half Dome is the feature on the left. Below us is Yosemite Valley.




Back to civilization and the Ahwahnee dining room.

It is such a privilege to guide my family and show them the sights I have grown to love.
Here's to more adventures with my fabulous kin!

No comments:

Post a Comment